6 Days 5 Nights Mount Kilimanjaro Hiking/Climbing/Trekking Using the Machame Route
Mount Kilimanjaro Hiking/Climbing/Trekking Using Machame Route
Kilimanjaro is the highest mountain in Africa and one of the largest extinct volcanoes, It can be climbed any time of the year but best time is July to February, Well April and May is not good time cause of long rains .
The mountain itself is 5895 meters high and is made up of three different volcanic peaks: Kibo, Mawenzi and Shira. The route becomes so popular because it’s more scenery than the other.
Day 1: Arusha – Machame Gate – Machame Camp
After breakfast leave the lodge/hotel drive for 1 hour to Machame gate, Finish the formalities and start the hiking through the rain forest to Machame camp (3000m) in about 6hrs all meals and overnight. Machame camp.
Day 2: Machame Camp – Shira Camp
Breakfast, the hike begin through the forest, crosstie valley along the steep bridge going into the rock ridges and through heather. The route turns west into a river gorge, reaching Shire camp (3800m) in about 6 hrs .All meals and overnight.
Day 3: Shira Camp – Baranco Camp
Breakfast , Continue with the hiking east towards Kibo passing the junction ,then east towards the Lava Tower .shortly after this you climb down to Baranco camp (3940m) in 4-5hrs all meals and overnight Baranco .
Day 4: Baranco Camp – Barafu Camp
Breakfast , continue with the hiking through a steep rocky , Baranco walls then ups and down until you come to Karanga valley and then to Barafu camp 4600m in about 6-7hrs all meals and overnight.
Day 5: Barafu Camp – Uhuru Peak – Mweka Camp
Very early breakfast, then start for the summit at 1:00am first to Stella point and then to Uhuru peak (5895m). It is recommended to take few minutes for Photo, and then descend to Mweka camp for dinner and overnight.
Day 6: Mweka Camp – Mweka Gate – Moshi – Arusha
Breakfast the descend down wards to Mweka gate for 3-4hrs , collect you diploma if you make to the summit the transfer back to Arusha in 2 hrs or Moshi in 30 minutes.
END OF THE TRIP
TREK PRICE INCLUDES:
- Transfer to and from the base of the mountain
- Full board accommodation in whilst on the trek.
- All park entrance fees to include government taxes
- Service of an English speaking professional Mountain guide on the mountain, porters and skilled cook
- All services begin from Arusha/Moshi and end at as per the itinerary- Return transfers from Arusha/Moshi
Trek price Excludes:
- Tips, laundry, sleeping bags, drinks and climbing gears
- Travel insurance with evacuation fee
- International flights and taxes
- Items of a personal nature and any other extras not detailed in the above itinerary.
A. hiking gear:
1. Sleeping bags,
2. Hiking boots
3. Water proof jackets and pants(trousers)
4. Hand gloves
5. Warm clothing
6. At least 5 t –shirts
7. Extra Sport shoes or sandles
8. Warm fleece
10. Thermal suit
12. Hiking stick
Please note; Number 1 can be hired at 5$per day
Number 2-5 can be hired at 2$ per day