2 Days Shimba Hills Mombasa
Day 1: Mombasa / Shimba Hills
Depart from your hotel after breakfast for your safari to Shimba Hills, crossing the Likoni Channel by ferry to get to the mainland, South Coast. The short journey takes you through cashew nuts and palm tree plantations and also gives you an insight into the lifestyle of the local people. We commence our game spotting as we enter the reserve. Lunch at the Shimba Hills Tree lodge. Another game drive in the afternoon. Dinner and overnight at the tree lodge.
Day 2: Shimba Hills / Mombasa
Early morning game drive in the reserve. Back to the lodge for breakfast, after which we depart for Mombasa. Shimba Hills national reserve is a coastal tropical rainforest enclave enjoying cooler weather and hosting elephants, buffalos, giraffes, a variety of monkeys, hundreds of species of birds together with the rare sable antelope. This area is renowned for its spectacular views of landscapes. At 1500m of altitude, you arrive at Shimba Rain Forest lodge, built on a tree. This is where the sable antelope is preserved from extinction. A water hole attracts game from the reserve.
What’s included on the price
- Transport based on our customized seven-seater safari Vehicle with specially modified suspension, full-length photographic roof hatches and seats designed with seat belt and all clients are guaranteed window seats.
- All game Park Entrance fees
- All Camping Fees
- Accommodation offered in tent/camp/lodge.
- Three meals a day while on Safari
- Airport picks up on arrival.
- Use of our Professional Driver Guide.
- Cultural visits to Maasai villages
- Personal effects Kenya Visas
- Hotel accommodation before and after the safari and transfers.